Monday, March 1, 2010

I love you Granny

My Granny passed away a little after noon on Friday.  She was an artist, a painter, a quilter, a gardener, a cook, a collector, a dog lover, a needlepointer, a dried flower bouqet and wreath maker, a mother, a sister, an aunt, a wife, a grandmother, and a great grandmother.   We all learned a lot from her.  I loved her stories and I loved her.  I hope you are with your dogs, your mom, your brother, and Doc.  I am sure Doc is annoying you by telling a story you have heard a thousand times.  You can interrupt him by saying, "I love my dog."

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ann....she was a character...even I was entertained greatly by her through you and your summer trips to see her and Doc. I can imagine her feeding pimento cheese crackers to Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS ERIKA. IT IS A RARE FRIEND THAT KNOWS SO MUCH ABOUT THEIR FRIEND'S GRANDPARENTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back from working out, and I couldn't help but think of her and your other grandma all morning....you really were/are lucky to have such women in your life...have you, Liz or your mom ever considered writing a children's book about them and their love of dogs...I would definitely buy it. Seriously...they are super special people. You have a lot to celebrate about your granny's life. You and the family or in my thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences to the entire Allen clan. I have heard a lot of great Granny stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for posting this, Ann. It's very touching.
    I have my Edie, Granny photos on display at my house next to the Doc photos with you and I around him. Special people. I understand now what it means to have someone's memory live on in their place because of Granny and Doc. It's amazing.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.