Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wild Mushrooms

On Saturday we bought some wild mushrooms from that little store behind Jimmy's called FM 1410.  They turned out to be the best mushrooms I've ever had, seriously.  He said to cook them just put them in bowl and coat them with olive oil and a little salt.  Let a pan heat up on medium high heat then had the mushrooms to the hot pan and cook for about 10 minutes.  I carmalized some onions then added garlic, ground chicken and finally a ton a chopped arugula.  We ate it over pasta.  It was divine.  Even food phobic Chris liked it.


6 comments:

  1. Mushroom store is FM 1410. Probably, FM means Farm to Market Road; 1410 is the street address, I think. The owner is Tom Spicer. His sister in NO, Susan Spicer, owns the restaurants Bayona, Herbsaint, and Cobalt.
    barb (reference librarian)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how can chris be a food phobic if he owns a freaking restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. anything he cooks, in his mind, is delicious. nearly every other food is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, what night can we come over for dinner!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seriously salivating as I read and see these pics of wild muchrooms....can I come to dinner? Yummmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.