Monday, March 1, 2010

Lucky Us

And lucky Edie.  Edith is so loved.  It breaks my heart, in a good way, to watch all her grandparents love and adore her; this includes you Nancy.  Andy and Karen, a.k.a. Grandpa and Granny, visited us this weekend.  They did their best to soak up and dish out as much Edie love as possible.  The visit was too short if you ask me.  We had at least one more full day of lovefest left in us.  But they had to head back.  A loving family is so important and this kid has no shortage of that.  I look forward to sooooooo many more family vacations with Grandpa and Granny Harwood filled with love, long walks, great food, tsunami coverage, and comisserating about the male Harwoods missing laundry gene (I could go on about that for hours).  It was a blast!  We missed yall immediately.   

Edie and Karen at ABE on Saturday morning trying out the new menu.

It's not rosy all the time.

Mom, Dad, Edie and I took a trip to Fort Worth yesterday to celebrate Dad's birthday and see the new Warhol exhibit at The Modern.  Let me tell you Edie loves modern art.  She was moved to shouts of joy by his Last Supper.  She was so loud I was too embarassed to look up at any other museum goers.  I just kept staring at the back of her head.  My mom could hear her several rooms away screaming with delight.  She was in her Baby Bjorn kicking her legs and moving her arms excitedly the entire time.  I will definitely be taking her to see it again.  She also needs to see the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit at the Cowgirl Museum and the Private Collections of Texas at the Kimbell

Dad and a Miro.


Hunger.....

Discovering Grandpa's mouth.

Edie pondering the juxtaposition of the organic texture of water and the hard lines of concrete and glass at The Modern in Fort Worth.



Fish Eyes never gets old.

Milo is so lucky that both grandfathers allow him to lick their faces.





I made a fall root veggie pizza with pizza dough from Jimmy's. 




Going on a walk with Granny Karen.

Doesn't Edie look adorble!! I don't know what we would do without her stylist.

3 comments:

  1. ANN!
    The last picture is too cute! you should blow it up and give it to the rents!
    my favorite picture ever of edie is in this batch. guess which one? The one of edie having a meltdown when she is sitting on Andy. If Chrissy was there he would just laugh. Oh how dramatic the youngins' can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    Do you mean the photo with those 2 old gray-headed people?
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a wonderful weekend, full of adorable Edie moments. It is so hard to live so far away, but we will always be there for you and for our incredible granddaughter! She is just so beautiful inside and out. She comes from great parents. Love ya all.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.