Wednesday, March 10, 2010

From Louisiana with Love

The pictures below were just sent to me in an email from my uncle who lives in northeastern Louisiana.  The subject of the email was, "CHECK OUT THIS GAR."  Once opened, the email contained nothing that described what the hell is happening here.  I can piece together that someone (I am assuming the African American gentleman in the second picture) caught this enormous gar.  Why my uncle was there and had his picture taken next to it, I do not know.  What I love about these pictures:   1.  The folkarty raccoon sign that I need and may someday be valuable.  2.  The "Fresh Coons" banner that I assume is advertising raccoons for sale to eat.  If so, gross.  3.  The fact that the gar is being suspended by a forklift out in the middle of the woods.  4.  Discarded tire on ground below this establishment's sign.  5.  Blood dripping from fish.  6.  Arm in dirty work coat in the second picture.  7.  On the sign the periods that should be in between the "J" and the "D" are beneath those two letters.  8.  The fact that my uncle felt these pictures were ordinary enough not to require any explanation.





2 comments:

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.