Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Love This Idea

This is a great idea that I now want to do with Edie when she is old enough.  Book copying!!! I love it.  I got the image and the idea from this insanely creative mom's blog.  I love how her daughter added a person (a friend maybe) in almost every picture she drew.  I also love a white kid drawing a black kid because she would have to pick out the right shade of brown and for a couple seconds contemplate how that's different and special but, in the end, is just another kid just like her. 

1 comment:

  1. This inspired me to read Ezra Jack Keats's books to our prek and kindergarten classes this week.
    barb

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.