Monday, March 8, 2010

Poppy Buds and Daffodils

Please let winter be over.  I have had enough.  Come on shorts and sandles.  Come on heat, bug spray, sweat, sunscreen, stinky bodies crammed in the truck on the way to mow the president's (of the university, not Bushy) yard.  More than one of my guys doesn't wear deodorant by the way.  Ryan says he doesn't wear it at work because it's bad for you.  I have to point the air conditioning vent, on full blast, at my nose the entire drive or I will throw up from the intense onion smell.  I wouldn't dare ask the other gentleman why he doesn't wear any lest I embarrass him.  Plus when his smell gets bad enough I can count on the other guys to make fun of him to the breaking point of tears.  We've been down this road before: stink, followed by lots of name calling and fun making at his expense, followed by a great smell of soap, deodorant, and lots of cologne for several months but inevitably the stink returns.   I got a whiff on Friday.  It's back just in time for summer.  But that has nothing to do with these beautiful pics of early spring color.

I can't wait for these puppies to open.  I am also a little scared people we cut them off because they are so drop dead gorgeous.
  
Daffodils surrounded by brown, not for long though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.