Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flowers and Veggies

Now that we are having some warm and sunny days my veggies are finally starting to grow.  If we have several weeks of sun and high 60 to 70 degree days I am going to be up to my eyeballs in greens which is fine with me.  I had never eaten arugula until this spring when I grew it in the garden.  I now consider myself an arugula expert.

The first tulips and poppies have begun blooming this week.  This will be the first year in a while that tulips haven't been in full bloom during the students' spring break.

Arugula

Cilantro.  I will be making a pesto out of this soon.

Swiss chard.  I still haven't cooked this.  Any tips?

Red leafed lettuce.

Mixed bistro greens.

Onions and chard.

Sweet pea seedlings are getting bigger now that they have some sun.

Radish seedlings.

Red onions.


Poppy 'Champagne Bubbles'.  I planted these in pots back in the fall.  It's been worth the wait.


'World's Favorite' Tulip

3 comments:

  1. ann, your photog skillz have gotten better. congrats. (not that they were lacking in the first place, just an observaysh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had that garden! esp. the arugula, which i could eat by the fistfull.
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother would enjoy some of those salad greens this weekend.
    XO,
    Your mother

    ReplyDelete

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.