Monday, March 15, 2010

Iceland Poppies 'Champagne Bubbles' and Other Signs of Spring


Plant in the fall in a sunny spot with well drained soil (pots are great).  Water in the winter when necessary.  I fertilized several times this winter.  Once it starts to get a little warmer you are treated to these spectacular flowers.







Doesn't this look like a Georgia O'Keefe painting?  I think she painted these.  I'll get back to you on that.

Ok I'm back from a quick search on the internet.  Duh!!!  She did.  Different species but the same idea.


Georgia O'Keefe's Oriental Poppies.


Jose blowing the leaves off the grass so we can overseed with rye.

1 comment:

If you feel like commenting please do. I read and reread all my comments. Let me know if there is a picture you want to see or a subject you want me to write about. Your wish is my command.